Investment Communications Manager
Job Posted: October 2019
Located in Omaha, Nebraska
The Investment Communications Manager will develop content supporting all channels and products across a variety of media. The Investment Communications Manager will work closely with internal partners to translate complex ideas into clear, concise communications that resonate with advisors and investors. The Investment Communications Manager will steward the creation of content both editing content created by internal stakeholders as well as generating creative ideas, engaging content, and innovative ways to engage the firm’s audience.
• Work closely with subject matter experts, such as Client Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Managers and Sales personnel, to develop new ideas and ensure alignment on content creation and messaging.
• Translate complex ideas into compelling, articulate and audience-appropriate content.
• Develop, write, edit, and proof content for an array of materials, including presentations, sales literature, market commentary, web, email, social media, and video.
• Keep up to date with developments in financial markets and among product competitors in order to identify key opportunities to generate insightful content.
• Ensure consistency in voice, key messages, and editorial style across markets, channels, and media.
• Apply lessons from SEO, web traffic, email, and social data to optimize copy for target audiences, particularly financial advisors and RIAs.
• Work with legal/compliance staff to ensure written material is accurate and complies with applicable company, SEC and FINRA rules or procedures.
• Act as a writing and editing resource, ensuring high quality and accurate materials are being produced.
• Attend meetings and training as requested.
• Assist the team on projects/ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, English, Business, or Finance.
• Professional writing experience required. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in the financial-services industry, ideally covering both equity and fixed-income asset classes.
• Strong product and industry knowledge and ability to translate that into thoughtful and engaging content.
• Proven ability to write concise and compelling copy which speaks clearly to client needs and concerns and accurately reflects underlying market data and investment concepts.
• Experience creating effective content for digital media (e.g. web sites, emails, social media, videos).
• Ability to incorporate feedback effectively from a variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines.
• Superior grammar and editing skills to create material of the highest quality.
• Solid understanding of the asset management regulatory environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Please apply by submitting your resume:
About Weitz Investment Management
Founded by value investor Wally Weitz in 1983, Weitz Investment Management, Inc. is a boutique, employee-owned asset management firm headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Over the past three decades, Weitz has leveraged its research-driven approach to capitalize on opportunities that arise out of market inefficiencies. Decisions are backed by thorough research, logical strategies, extensive debate and our team’s personal commitment to long-term results. The Weitz team builds and manages concentrated, high-conviction, actively managed portfolios. Through bottom-up, proprietary research that emphasizes fundamentals, we focus on creating positive results over the long term. We offer a variety of options for investors with different goals and preferences, including equity and fixed income investment strategies.
We offer all employees excellent benefits including health care coverage and a qualified profit sharing plan. We also have an employee stock purchase plan. Compensation includes salary and bonus and will be commensurate with experience.