Weitz currently has the following open position:
REGIONAL DIRECTOR / HYBRID-WHOLESALER (PDF)
Reporting to the VP, Director of Intermediary Distribution, the Regional Director (Hybrid-Wholesaler) is a (external wholesaling/internal support) sales role responsible for driving sales by proactively marketing Weitz Investment Management products and services to assigned region(s). The position develops new business leads and cultivates existing relationships, demonstrating excellent problem solving and sales skills to promote the growth of Weitz Investment Management's strategies and mutual funds. While this is a hybrid position, the primary duties will be sales, with a majority of employee's activities engaged away from Weitz's place of business.
- Proactively develops new business and maintains existing business relationships by conducting conference calls, face-to-face meetings and web-based sales meetings.
- Travel to foster key relationships and promote sales.
- Creates and implements business plan to maximize growth and meet sales and activity goals for the defined region(s).
- Reaches out to current and prospective advisers within market to increase sales and market share.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the industry and the Weitz products and services.
- Effectively use industry and product knowledge to illustrate and position the Weitz solutions in an innovative way.
- Assists advisors in identifying sales opportunities and regularly updates advisors on industry trends.
- Stays current on all economic and market conditions, to effectively make recommendations to advisors for marketing the Weitz products and services to clients.
- Maintain and update CRM proactively to ensure accurate and complete records.
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in a hybrid or external wholesaling role.
- Demonstrated experience conducting face-to-face meetings and the ability to form relationships with financial advisors in a virtual setting.
- Proven success growing a region within the financial service industry as measured by sales results.
- Ability to build productive relationships; provide training and sales ideas.
- Proven sales acumen and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet specific marketing/production objectives.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively.
- Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses required.