Weitz currently has the following open positions:
Marketing Coordinator / Graphic Designer (PDF)
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Marketing,
the Marketing Coordinator / Graphic Designer will be responsible for a broad
range of duties from marketing workflow management to brand administration. The
ideal candidate is technologically savvy, design driven, and detail oriented. Responsibilities
- Maintain project management system and vendor relationships.
- Monitor and coordinate project workflow from project intake to completion.
- Initial point of contact for marketing requests ensuring projects are captured and timelines understood.
- Create actionable project dashboards and reports.
- Administer marketing content calendar providing transparency to sales and service teams.
- Oversee event planning logistics related to conferences, meetings, holiday mailings, and other special events.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to effectively utilize marketing automation tools.
- Update existing marketing material utilizing automation tools and/or manual processes.
- Manage the purchase and inventory process for branded merchandise in compliance with internal and partner firm requirements.
- Contribute to planning, development, and implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Assist with department budget development and tracking.
- Assist in basic proofreading of content, including data tables and charts.
- Design and manage the production of digital and print marketing materials including template-based and custom-designed materials such as social media graphics, email marketing templates, web layout, print ads, presentations, signage, brochures, and more.
- Steward the firm's brand identity by providing guidelines and oversight to ensure proper execution.
- Collaborate with marketing team to conceptualize and create new content across print and digital media.
- Collaborate with Digital Experience Manager to evolve website design and optimization.
- Apply lessons from SEO, web traffic, email, and social media data to optimize design.
- Identify trends (design, marketing, industry) and present new ideas.
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, advertising, graphic design, or similar.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office products.
- Production skills and print knowledge to create materials of highest quality.
- Applied knowledge of HTML/CSS and content management systems.
- Experience in using email marketing systems (e.g., HubSpot, MarketingCloud, etc.).
- Experience in using project management systems (e.g., Wrike, Basecamp, Trello, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines.
- Fluency in social media marketing, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- A passion for client service and the ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically, even in challenging situations.
- Desire to contribute to a small office environment, which requires being proactive and willing to roll up sleeves and “get things done.”
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
Equity Analyst (PDF)
Reports to Director of Equity Research
The Equity Analyst position is an
exciting opportunity for an investment-oriented professional to join Weitz
Investment Management, a boutique, entrepreneurial investment firm based in
Omaha, Nebraska. Our investment
philosophy is grounded in thorough research, a disciplined focus on long-term
results, strength in collaboration and a commitment to buying stocks at
discounts to their underlying business values. Analysts at Weitz have the flexibility to uncover investment
opportunities across industries and market capitalizations.
- Generate new investment ideas for our high conviction equity strategies.
- Identify and conduct in-depth primary research on companies that meet our investment criteria.
- Write concise company reports summarizing the analysis in appropriate detail, including action recommendations.
- Estimate business values primarily using DCF-based financial modeling focused on key drivers, including Weitz's proprietary quality-at-a-discount “QuaD” framework for valuation.
- Monitor assigned portfolio investments and on-deck companies.
- Update company summaries and valuations at least quarterly.
- Communicate timely action recommendations as warranted.
- Help evaluate ideas sponsored and presented by other team members.
- Interview management teams and others in the relevant value chains, in person and by phone.
- Attend industry conferences, field trips, investor days, etc.
- Assist our sales/marketing team in educating clients about our research process and specific investments.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 3 years of directly relevant experience in equity research or business analysis.
- Proficiency in financial statement analysis and basic Excel modeling.
- Bachelor's degree.
- FINRA Series 7 registration preferred.
- CFA charter preferred.
- Proficiency with financial/information databases such as Bloomberg, Sentieo, FactSet.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Intellectual curiosity and a clear desire to continuously learn.
- Capability to thrive in a collaborative and collegial team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a particular emphasis on clarity in writing.
- Proven strong analytical and quantitative capabilities, as evidenced by career accomplishments and academic rigor / excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Passion for analyzing businesses using multiple mental models.
- Integration of competitive positioning, capital allocation and incremental return dynamics.
- Diversity of background and experience.
To succeed in the Weitz culture, candidates must be results-oriented
self-starters. We are looking for teammates who adhere to the highest standards
and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Please apply by submitting
resume to Barton Hooper, Director of Equity Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Weitz Investment Management
Founded by value investor Wally Weitz in 1983, Weitz
Investment Management, Inc. is a boutique, employee-owned asset management firm
headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Over the past three decades, Weitz has
leveraged its research-driven approach to capitalize on opportunities that
arise out of market inefficiencies. Decisions are backed by thorough research,
logical strategies, extensive debate and our team's personal commitment to
long-term results. The Weitz team builds
and manages concentrated, high-conviction, actively managed portfolios. Through
bottom-up, proprietary research that emphasizes fundamentals, we focus on
creating positive results over the long term. We offer a variety of options for
investors with different goals and preferences, including equity and fixed
income investment strategies.
We offer all employees competitive compensation and benefits
including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as parental leave, paid
time off, on-site gym access, and a very generous qualified profit sharing
plan. Compensation includes salary and bonus and will be commensurate with