Weitz currently has the following open positions:
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - DEV OPS (PDF)
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Systems Engineer (Dev Ops) is a versatile role that leads and manages projects, including the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support of various platforms (infrastructure and hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools). Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the operating environment. Ensure platform performance and availability meet business and enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. Provide recommendations and assist in automating and streamlining current and new processes and operations. Manage the development and maintenance of all maintenance schedules, best practices and support processes for all firm technology. Maintain uptime and availability for all firm infrastructure and employees. Ensure a standard and documented process for all programming, systems and communication systems configuration and integration, backup plans, and monitoring.
- Implement and integrate third party software in a reliable way that supports both the current and future needs of the firm, including trading, research, network and security systems both on premises and in the cloud. This may include integration and enhancements to the firm's CRM, reporting, and data warehouse systems as directed by the Director of IT.
- Manage and automate production deployments.
- Utilize best practices to manage a maintain our firewall keeping the company safe from outside attacks.
- Ensure the firm is using the best available software and techniques to protect the integrity of corporate and client data.
- Ensure system stability through implementing industry standard backup practices for both servers and personal computers.
- Troubleshoot computer and related office equipment issues, including Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, Bloomberg, Factset, Rumba, TA2000 Desktop, AWS, Broadridge, Celera, and other software applications.
- Assist in managing outside vendors for hardware, computer and office equipment, internet, data, and communication services.
- Development and testing of the company's business continuity plan.
- Working with the Director of IT, assist in the creation and accurate maintenance of the corporate data warehouse. This should include standard naming conventions, as well as other standard best practices.
- Collaborate, provide input and make recommendations for strategic roadmaps for the firm's systems and data needs.
- Ensure the firm's mobile device management policy meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Manage the firm's local area network, ensuring security and stability.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of the reconciliation process between fund accounting vendor and the firm's OMS.
- Enhance the documentation for systems and processes overseen by the IT department that is understandable primarily by IT staff in order to promote redundancy and cross-training that will enable IT to better manage and cover all responsibilities. In certain cases, such documentation may be relevant for others in the firm where there are opportunities to train individuals on how to perform repeating tasks.
- Inspire and mentor peers while looking ahead at a 6-12 months horizon to cover business trends and requirements. Serve as coach, mentor, and supervisor for the IT Systems Administrator with a focus on developing skills, including ability to back up IT staff when necessary. Challenge and motivate IT Systems Administrator with inspiring work and skill development that helps both the associate and the firm grow.
- Maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Perform projects and special assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma required, preferably in the field of computer science or related academic fields.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 4 years of experience supporting enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, switches, and routers.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Experience supporting VOIP telephone systems, preferred.Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR (HYBRID-WHOLESALER)
Reporting to the VP, Director of Intermediary Distribution, the Regional Director (Hybrid-Wholesaler) is a (external wholesaling/internal support) sales role responsible for driving sales by proactively marketing Weitz Investment Management products and services to assigned region(s). The position develops new business leads and cultivates existing relationships, demonstrating excellent problem solving and sales skills to promote the growth of Weitz Investment Management's strategies and mutual funds. While this is a hybrid position, the primary duties will be sales, with a majority of employee's activities engaged away from Weitz's place of business.
- Proactively develops new business and maintains existing business relationships by conducting conference calls, face-to-face meetings and web-based sales meetings.
- Travel to foster key relationships and promote sales.
- Creates and implements business plan to maximize growth and meet sales and activity goals for the defined region(s).
- Reaches out to current and prospective advisers within market to increase sales and market share.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the industry and the Weitz products and services.
- Effectively use industry and product knowledge to illustrate and position the Weitz solutions in an innovative way.
- Assists advisors in identifying sales opportunities and regularly updates advisors on industry trends.
- Stays current on all economic and market conditions, to effectively make recommendations to advisors for marketing the Weitz products and services to clients.
- Maintain and update CRM proactively to ensure accurate and complete records.
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in a hybrid or external wholesaling role.
- Demonstrated experience conducting face-to-face meetings and the ability to form relationships with financial advisors in a virtual setting.
- Proven success growing a region within the financial service industry as measured by sales results.
- Ability to build productive relationships; provide training and sales ideas.
- Proven sales acumen and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet specific marketing/production objectives.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively.
- Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses required.